H. Thomas Morgan, Jr.
Tommy currently serves as the County Attorney for Fairfield County. Tommy’s practice includes a wide variety of civil litigation focusing on insurance defense, personal injury, premises liability, construction defect, errors and omissions matters, appellate work, insurance coverage disputes, real estate and collections. Tommy has represented clients in both South Carolina state and federal courts and has successfully tried numerous cases to jury verdicts.
Prior to joining the firm in 2010, Tommy was an associate with Grier, Cox & Cranshaw, LLC. Before entering private practice, Tommy clerked as a Staff Attorney at the South Carolina Supreme Court. During law school, Tommy clerked for Callison, Tighe & Robinson, LLC and the Executive Director of the South Carolina Department of Revenue.
Tommy is past president of the Kershaw County Bar Association. Prior to law school, Tommy served in the United States Army, Military Intelligence Branch, where he received numerous awards for his service, including a Joint Service Commendation Medal and Global War on Terrorism Medal.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- South Carolina Bar, Member
- Kershaw County Bar Association, Member and Immediate Past President
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorney Association
- University of South Carolina, Juris Doctor, 2006
- Webster University, Master of Arts in Public Administration, 2002
- Regents College, B.S., 1999
- South Carolina, 2006
- United States District Court, District of South Carolina, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2012
803-432-1992 ext. 24
Areas of Practice:Civil Litigation Practice
Civil Appellate Practice
Insurance Coverage Issues
Errors and Omissions Issues